Today we did our final build and first live test in the Immersive Vision Theatre (IVT). We started by fitting the Raspberry Pi and touchscreen inside the plinth, then transporting the equipment to the dome ready for our presentation.
Chris added wooden beams to support the weight of the Pi, as it will be under a lot of pressure when the touchscreen is in use. This should prevent the touchscreen moving away from the pinth.
Whilst in the IVT, Gintare updated her code to work better within the shape of the screen. She moved some of the key elements of the visuals so they were more centered within the dome, bringing them to the viewer’s attention.
We transported the physical part of our project to the IVT and decided where to set it up. We then tested the project within the space to understand how it will look and feel to the viewers and how the colours will display in the dome.
We took this as an opportunity to double-check our database connections were working. During this time we ran into issues with page refreshing (which I quickly resolved) and with internet connection, which we resolved by using a mobile access point.
We even invited Luke to test out our user interface, and have a go at inputting his own data into the visualization!