Today we focused on finishing developing the physical side of our project.
The second Neopixel ring arrived, so we soldered in some headers and built a circuit board for it. We installed the necessary drivers into the Arduino IDE and programmed it to output different colours.
We then merged this code with the Bluetooth code Chris made earlier.
We mounted the Arduino, breadboard and Bluetooth module to the interior on the plinth. We drilled holes into the head base to accommodate the wiring for the RGB LED ring.
This LED ring is brighter than the other, even inside the diffuser, so is even better for our finalised build!
Our next steps are to:
- I will develop an app to send characters across a Bluetooth connection, enabling us to remotely change the colour of the head without the need for the Bluetooth Terminal.
- I need to build server connections for our visualization, input sliders and MySQL Database.
- Gintaré and Chris need to complete the visualization for the IVT theatre.