After our session today on MongoDB databases and Node.JS, we took some time to further develop our idea and plan our next steps.
How the Visualisation will work:
- Butterflies instead of Jellyfish – More original, not making a “copy”
Wing & body colour determined by 5 different personality Traits
- Total of 10 butterflies at a time maximum
- Possibility for animation in background – such as clouds passing by.
- Visualisation accessible on website and mobile app.
- Real-time projection into Immersive Visual Theatre.
How the Data will be stored and Processed:
- Names can be stored with butterflies and displayed in visualisation
- Data will be stored with a Primary Key – easier to handle calls
- 10 butterflies max – data is updated so it “loops” and replaces previous data as new data is added – keeps database small and lightweight
How we are going to build the app:
- Create basic interface on phone gap – Needs to be short to keep interest (i.e. 3 to 5 questions)
- Questions will be personality based and Inspired by the CANOE model.
- Interface will contain sliders instead of radio buttons .etc – this allows for more variety of input (such as the body of the butterfly being more yellow for extrovert and more purple for introvert)
- Phone gap app on GitHub – easy collaboration & Version control
How we are going to distribute the app:
- Cards, flyers or posters with QR code – These should have details about the display also and should follow the design/identity of the rest of the project.
- QR links to a webpage with download links for different mobile OS’s – Must look professional and legitimate.